Aloe barbadensis 10"
You might know this as Aloe Vera. It is the one that is used for healing. Easy to deal with and so many uses, both in your home and for your body.
- Light - full to part sun
- Watering - dry between watering
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Aloe including Aloe vera (barbadensis)
Aloe includes a wide variety of succulents that feature long pointed leaves that grow from a central point, often growing smaller secondary plants to create a wider cluster. This includes medicinal Aloe.
Light: Aloe thrive with some amount of direct sun rays and many Aloe can grow well with less intense sun, such as eastern exposure sun rays but the plentiful sun from western and southern windows also treats them well, and often enhances any natural color tone the leaves may feature.
Water: Aloe store water in their fleshy leaves and use this to sustain during periods of drought. Allow the soil to dry nearly completely before watering thoroughly again. Not that watering will vary based on the season as well as intensity of sunlight available.
Environment: Aloes are generally resilient and will thrive most anywhere in the household with adequate sun and infrequent watering. Average household humidity conditions are perfectly suitable for successful growth.
Toxicity: Toxic to cats and dogs if ingested.
- All varieties of aloe will produce baby plants from their roots, called “pups.” These are able to be cut off and potted up separately!
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.