Cissus quadrangularis 4"
Also known as "Veldt Grape," this succulent is actually part of the grape family. It has stems that constrict at various increments, giving the limb a contorted look with tendrils that assist in climbing.
- Light - full sun
- Watering - let dry between watering
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as well as the bloom state.
Cissus - “Grape Ivy”
Light: Although there is some variation among species depending on where they're from, Cissus will generally do their best in bright indirect light or moderate direct light, such as an east-facing window. They can also be grown well under grow lights.
Water: During the growing season (spring and summer), allow just the top inch of soil to dry out in between waterings. Water less frequently in the fall and winter, allowing the soil to partially dry between waterings. If the soil becomes completely dry for an extended time, leaves will be lost rapidly.
Environment: Maintaining temperatures between 68-82 degrees F is crucial in how to care for grape ivy houseplants. Temperatures over or under this range tend to repress the growth of their long runners.
Toxicity: This plant is reported to be non-toxic.
- Cissus vines are susceptible to scale insects, spider mites, and mealybugs. They may drop their leaves if they are underwatered, kept too cold or subjected to very dry air. If your plant starts dropping leaves, try misting it a few times a week and increasing the frequency of watering. If you start seeing yellow or curled leaves, it is likely because you are overwatering.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.