Begonia Angelwing 'Medora' 4"
The Angelwing Begonia has amazing heart shaped leaves that resemble two folded wings. This "mini angelwing" variety has dainty foliage covered in tiny spots. Very heavenly in our opinion.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Begonia (cane type) “Angel Wing Begonia”
Light: Most Cane Begonias prefer to be kept in a bright filtered or indirect light, filtered sun rays can work well, also. Extended periods of direct sun can often be too intense and burn the leaves.
Water: Allow the top ⅓ to ½ of the soil to dry between waterings. Angel Wing Begonia do not like to be kept in overly moist soil. A well-draining soil mix is preferred as they like this kind of airy environment for their roots.
Environment: Avoid any drying drafts such as home ventilation. Humidity is always welcome but must be balanced with ample airflow to prevent leaves from being damaged by stagnant water droplets.
Toxicity: Listed as toxic on the ASPCA website.
- Many of these Begonias will propagate easily by placing cut canes in water until roots develop.
- Canes may become long and top heavy requiring some staking or support. Cutting the canes routinely will help establish more supportive growth.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.