Hedera helix "Pittsburgh" 8" HB
- Light - part sun to shade
- Watering - dry 10% between waterings
- Soil - Potting soil
Hedera - “Ivy” incl. Algerian and English
Light: Hedera Ivy likes bright Indirect light. Direct sunlight will burn the leaves, and low light will cause new leaves to become considerably smaller, more pale in color and spaced further apart. So to keep your ivy full and lush, keep it in bright indirect light.
Water: Allow just the surface of the soil to go dry between waterings. The root-ball should never go completely dry, but should also not sit in standing water for a long period of time.
Environment: Prefers a consistent temperature anywhere from 50 to 80 degrees. Medium to high humidity helps maintain the appearance of the leaves. It is recommended to mist the plant frequently.
Toxicity: Reported to be Toxic to Cats and Dogs
- As it grows, aggressively trimming the long vine runners will keep your plant looking full. With their typically fast rate of growth, regular re-potting may be necessary around once per year.
- Fertilize about once a month during the spring, summer and fall.
- Ivy vines can attach to surfaces with adventitious roots. These can cause damage to walls, and other surfaces so be cautious of where you place them in the home.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.