Marimo Moss Ball - XL
Marimo, or "Moss Balls" are a rare growth form of Aegagropila linnaei in which the algae grow into large green balls with a velvety appearance. The round shape of the marimo is maintained by gentle wave action that occasionally turns it. The best environment for that are shallow lakes with sandy bottoms. The balls are green all the way round which guarantees that they can photosynthesize no matter which side is turned upwards. Marimo balls grow very slowly. Marimo balls are excellent for aquariums, but they can also be kept successfully in glass bowls, bottles, vases, and a variety of other containers.
- Light - Indirect sunlight or light from an aquarium or grow lamp.
- Watering - Keep submerged in cool water at all times. Change water every two weeks. Clean moss ball when changing water by rinsing and squeezing gently.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.