Polyscias sp. "Aralia" 8"
Polyscias is a genus of plants commonly known as "Aralia". They generally have an upright growth habit that can be treelike. Their leaves are pinnately compound and create an interesting visual texture. Likes warm spaces and higher humidity.
- Light - variable depending on species - generally part sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - variable depending on species - generally dry to 10%
Species will vary. If you do have a preference we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Light: Aralias can be sensitive to direct light. Place them in an area where light is bright but indirect or filtered. Too much direct sun can burn the leaves.
Water: Water as soil goes dry to the touch, approximately once every 7-10 days. The most common reason aralias die is overwatering. You should allow the container to dry out almost 50% of the way before watering it. The bottom of the pot should never be flooded with water.
Environment: Like most tropical houseplants, aralias prefer humid environments. Mist often or keep a humidifier in the room, especially in the winter. They will drop leaves if it is too dry. Keep away from hot or cold drafts.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to humans and pets
- Signs of overwatering include yellow, drooping, and dropping leaves.
Check occasionally for signs of spider mites and treat promptly with an insecticidal soap or neem oil.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.