Tillandsia Assorted Specialty
Tillandsia, commonly known as "Airplants" is a genus of plant in the Bromeliaceae family that have the ability to cling on to most anything. Most are epiphytic while some are aerophytes. Instead of pulling water from their roots their leaves have specialized cells that absorb water. Flower color can vary depending on variety. After flowering the plant forms pups and then dies. The foliage might change color as well around blooming time. Light can vary according to variety but for the most part the silver dusting and stiff leaves require more sun than the others. To mimic the natural rain fall watering can oscillate between spritzing and soaking depending on time of year and humidity conditions.
- Humidity - high depending on variety
- Light - part sun to shade depending on variety
- Soil - none
- Watering - let dry between waterings / spritzing
Species and leaf color can vary. If you do have a preference in species or coloration we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.