Cordyline australis "Red star" 6"
The spiky and elongated burgundy leaves of this bushy plant makes for a powerful statement.
- Light - full sun
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Cordyline terminalis - "Ti Plant, Hawaiian Ti”
Light: Bright light, which can include up to 4 hours of direct sun daily. In low light, variegation patterns become much less pronounced.
Water: Moderately even moisture so that roots stay slightly moist at all times, but never soggy, allowing the soil to dry an inch or two down from the top of the surface. Water thoroughly and slowly with tepid water. Avoid overwatering and letting your plant sit in a saucer of water.
Environment: Cordylines prefer a room temperature of 60-85 degrees F. This plant will suffer in extreme dry air; place them near a humidifier, group them with other humidity-loving plants, and/or set them on a pebble tray filled with water. Do not place it near a radiator or AC unit. This plant does best in an outdoor setting in Spring and Summer but can be overwintered indoors.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to dogs and cats.
- In spring and summer, feed every 2 weeks with a balanced houseplant fertilizer that includes micronutrients. In fall and winter, feed monthly.
- Cordyline growth habit is upright. New growth grows from the top. Prune bottom leaves as they die off; it is normal for this to happen.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.