Chlorophytum comosum 'Variegatum' 4"
The "Spider Plant" has long slender green and white striped variegated leaves gracefully falling out of a pot - perfect as a hanging plant. Plantlets (or plant babies) are produced at the tip of the branches so you can basically develop an army of Spider Plants. Sounds creepy, but it's not.
- Light - part shade
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will the bloom state.
Chlorophytum comosum - “Spider Plant”
Light: Chlorophytum comosum are great plants for low to medium indirect light, but do thrive best in bright filtered sun. Too much direct sunlight can cause the leaves to bleach and/or burn at the tips.
Water: Allow soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Water regularly during the warmer months when the plant is actively growing and reproducing. You can cut back watering a little in the cooler months of winter to give the plant a chance to rest and go semi-dormant.
Environment: Spider plants can tolerate a range of temperatures above 50 degrees, but they enjoy consistency. Sudden changes in temperature can cause damage. Avoid placing your plant in a window with a strong draft or in a spot adjacent to a heat source.
Toxicity: Chlorophytum is reported to be non-toxic to cats and dogs but is not meant to be consumed.
- Will eventually begin producing offshoots, or “babies,” that can be separated from the mother plant and propagated in soil or water.
- When ingested, it can give cats a ‘high-like’ effect which may or may not negatively affect your pet. The ASPCA advises avoiding the ingestion of spider plants for pets.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.