Homalomena humilis 'Black Form' 4"
Homalomena is a genus of flowering plant in the Araceae family. 'Black Form' is an amazing miniature Aroid. New leaves begin a gorgeous burgundy and age to a dark near-black. Easy to care for and luxuriously lush.
- Light - part shade
- Watering - dry down 5–10%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary, as will the bloom state.
Homalomena ‘Emerald Gem’
Light: Homalomena Emerald Gem likes bright indirect light. They can tolerate lower light, but growth may slow significantly. If kept in direct sunlight, the foliage may burn.
Water: Allow the top 50% of the soil of your Homalomena to dry out between watering. They do not like soggy soil, but also do not like to dry out for extended periods of time. *When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
Environment: Homalomena will do well in average household humidity, but will appreciate added humidity from misting or adding a humidifier nearby.Temperature is very important to Homolomena. Keep it in an area with temperatures between 65-85 degrees.
Toxicity: Homalomena is potentially toxic to pets
Of Note*:You may notice the bottom leaves occasionally yellow and die. Not to worry–this is normal. You can cut them off using clean, sharp shears. If this is happening rapidly, it can indicate that your plant is cold, is staying too wet, or is staying too dry. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.