Alpinia zerumbet 'Variegata' 10"
The variegated shell ginger plant is a striking due to its large yellow and green striped leaves. A tropical lush exotic beauty that when in bloom its white to pink shell like flowers have a slight sweet scent to them.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Zingiberaceae is the Ginger family and includes culinary ginger. Plants grow lance-shaped leaves from a fleshy underground root called a rhizome. These can be easily divided to grow into new plants. Often grown for their attractive foliage, some will also produce equally enjoyable flowers.
Light: Part-sun to full-sun
Water: Water routinely to maintain even moisture, but avoid any excess or standing water below the roots.
Environment: Though adaptable, Ginger do like a little boost to their ambient humidity. Low environmental humidity can lead to some blemishes on the leaves, which can easily be trimmed away. Older leaves will deplete over time and may need to be pruned away to maintain a neat and tidy appearance.
Toxicity: No toxicity is reported.
Culinary ginger is Zingiber officinale
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.