Clusia rosea, standard form 14"
Also called the "Autograph Tree", this tree has attractive thick and round leafs. Kind of like if a ficus and a succulent had a baby.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix with 5% orchid mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Clusia Rosea - “Autograph Tree”
Light: Full, direct sun is best, in a south-facing window. They can tolerate partial shade.
Water: Clusia are drought-tolerant and like to be watered once their soil dries out. Be extra careful to ensure that the soil dries between watering, as clusias can develop root rot if they are left sitting in water.
Environment: Native to the Caribbean, clusia prefer a warm, tropical environment and sandy, well-draining soil. They are hemiepiphytes (growing as an epiphyte on rocks and other trees when young, then moving to soil when more mature). Its aerial roots can easily strangle host trees or cling to nearby plants.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs. Its sap can irritate human skin and cause a rash.
- Clusia propagate easily by cuttings in warm wet soil or water.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.