Epiphyllum chrysocardium "Sharktooth Cactus" 8"
Also commonly called the "Fernleaf Cactus" due to flat and broad stems resembling that of a fern leaf. The chrysocardium does not bloom all that frequently but when it does - woah. The white flower is so amazing.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry down 10%
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Epiphyllum “Orchid Cactus”
Light: This tropical cactus prefers intense bright light with some light filtered sun. An eastern facing exposure would be ideal.
Water: Because these are epiphytes, they can be mounted on a plaque or slatted basket. If potted, use a succulent mix and allow the soil to dry almost by half before watering thoroughly. A light mix that dries quickly is ideal.
Environment: Epiphyllums do best in warm, humid, and shady spots that replicate a tropical forest. Although humidity is preferred, it is quite tolerant of drier conditions. Be sure there is no airflow from heating or AC in the direction of the plant.
Toxicity: No toxicity reported
- This plant easily propagated from cutting its fleshy leaves and rooting the pieces in water or soil
- Epiphyllum can flower but the flower is fairly short lived
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.