Epiphyllum chrysocardium "Sharktooth Cactus" 8"
Also commonly called the "Fernleaf Cactus" due to flat and broad stems resembling that of a fern leaf. The chrysocardium does not bloom all that frequently but when it does - woah. The white flower is so amazing.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry down 10%
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Epiphyllum “Orchid Cactus”
Light: This tropical cactus prefers intense bright light with some light filtered sun. An eastern facing exposure would be ideal.
Water: Because these are epiphytes, they can be mounted on a plaque or slatted basket. If potted, use a succulent mix and allow the soil to dry almost by half before watering thoroughly. A light mix that dries quickly is ideal.
Environment: Epiphyllums do best in warm, humid, and shady spots that replicate a tropical forest. Although humidity is preferred, it is quite tolerant of drier conditions. Be sure there is no airflow from heating or AC in the direction of the plant.
Toxicity: No toxicity reported
- This plant easily propagated from cutting its fleshy leaves and rooting the pieces in water or soil
- Epiphyllum can flower but the flower is fairly short lived
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.