Episcia cupreata 6"
Episcia are a flowering plant in the African violet family. You can see the resemblance in proportion and the intensity of bloom. The cupreata's leaves have a lighter mint green center radiating to a burgundy brown. Sweet and soft with a red bloom surprise.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Episcia “Flame Violet”
Light: Episcia, similar to African Violets, prefer a very bright, indirect or filtered light. Too much intense direct sun will quickly lead to scorched leaves.
Water: Allow the top 1/3rd of the soil to dry out between waterings. It is best to water from the bottom with room temperature water by placing the Episcia (potted in a pot with a drainage hole) in a bowl with water and allow the plant to absorb the water from the base. Be sure not to leave the plant sitting in water for more than 30 minutes to avoid wet feet and root rot. Avoid moisture on the leaves. Top watering is fine, but we recommend avoiding getting water on the leaves.
Environment: Average household temperatures above 65°F. Lower temperatures may cause brown leaf edges. An Episcia plant can die when the temperature goes below 50°F .
Toxicity: Reported as non-toxic on the ASPCA website.
- Episcia care is very similar to the care required of African Violets.
- Runners can be left to hang, or can be easily propagated by pinning to soil until a healthy root system begins developing.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.