Eucalyptus has fragrant round to pointed leaves that have a blue cast. Playful branching and great in floral arrangements.
- Light - full sun
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary. Exact species / types may vary, please contact the store directly if you have a specific need.
Light: Eucalyptus are a tropical tree with very fragrant leaves due to the oils within. These trees love the sun and a warm, sunny window is ideal - South or Southwest typically provide the strongest sun exposure.
Water: Focus on watering fully and less often but do not allow it to go solidly dry. Eucalyptus drink water quickly, but does not want to be always-wet. These trees grow quickly and to maintain watering, routine replanting will be necessary.
Environment: Dombeya are beautiful, tropical plants that need warm, humid conditions and some direct sunlight to thrive. Avoid cold drafts, AC units, and active radiators that reduce humidity levels. To encourage flowering, give weekly fertilizer feedings March–October. Never fertilize when the plant is dry to avoid damaging the roots.
Toxicity: Like the essential oils they contain, Eucalyptus are toxic to pets.
- Pruning during the summer is great for the plant, encouraging new branch development as it is in its peak growing season.
- Stems / branches can be cut for floral arrangements or drying for display.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.