Ludisia discolor 'Alba' 4"
- Light - medium light with no direct sun
- Propagation - cuttings
- Soil - potting mix
- Toxicity - non toxic to pets
- Watering - evenly moist throughout growing season
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Jewel Orchids (Ludisia, Macodes…) are tropical terrestrial orchids. This means they grow along the ground. In their native habitats this is a humid location under the shade of overhead trees and plants.
Light: Plentiful bright indirect natural light.
Water: Keep the planting mix evenly moist at all times, though any standing water should be avoided.
Environment: These terrestrial orchids prefer a rich planting medium and one really common mix is part potting soil and part orchid mix. Maintain ambient humidity and avoid any drafts from vents in the home or similar air disturbances that would dry their environment.
Toxicity: No toxicity reported
- Orchids will typically flower annually or with some kind of seasonal pattern.
- Replace the potting medium annually, typically after a flower cycle. At this time you may remove any old root / foliage growth to make way for the next season’s growth.
*It is advisable that orchids are always planted in a container with drainage and of a porous material.
Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.