Citrus x meyeri standard form #10
Meyer Lemon is a hybrid citrus plant in the family Rutaceae. Mature trees can reach from 6-10' and feature dark, glossy green leaves. Flowers are white with a purple base and very fragrant. The fruit is rounder than a true lemon, deep yellow turning slightly orange as they ripen and has a sweeter flavor. These trees are self pollinating and typically used as a patio tropical outdoors in the summer and overwintered indoors. The tree has been grown in to a standard tree form with a single trunk.
- Light - full sun
- Water - water well and allow to dry only slightly between waterings
- Soil - Well drained all purpose potting mix
- Pruning - Prune lemon fruit clusters to one or two fruits when the little lemons are marble-sized. Pruning before fruit develops, removing all but one bud in a cluster, is also an effective way to grow larger lemons.
Fertilize - regularly when growing Meyer lemons. A high nitrogen fertilizer, such as one designed for citrus trees, is best fed monthly between April and September. Withhold fertilizer during autumn and winter months. Yellowing leaves indicate the need for either water or fertilizer.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.