Citrus x meyeri standard form #10
Meyer Lemon is a hybrid citrus plant in the family Rutaceae. Mature trees can reach from 6-10' and feature dark, glossy green leaves. Flowers are white with a purple base and very fragrant. The fruit is rounder than a true lemon, deep yellow turning slightly orange as they ripen and has a sweeter flavor. These trees are self pollinating and typically used as a patio tropical outdoors in the summer and overwintered indoors. The tree has been grown in to a standard tree form with a single trunk.
- Light - full sun
- Water - water well and allow to dry only slightly between waterings
- Soil - Well drained all purpose potting mix
- Pruning - Prune lemon fruit clusters to one or two fruits when the little lemons are marble-sized. Pruning before fruit develops, removing all but one bud in a cluster, is also an effective way to grow larger lemons.
Fertilize - regularly when growing Meyer lemons. A high nitrogen fertilizer, such as one designed for citrus trees, is best fed monthly between April and September. Withhold fertilizer during autumn and winter months. Yellowing leaves indicate the need for either water or fertilizer.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Citrus x limon/aurantifolia/aurantium - “Lemon/Lime/Orange” etc.
Light: Most citrus trees require 8-12 hours of sunlight daily. It's best to position them beside a bright south-facing window and/or move them outside during the summer.
Water: Keep soil moist, allowing it to dry out 1-2” below the surface between waterings. Citrus trees require soil that is moist but never soggy (should feel like a wrung-out sponge). It is better to do infrequent deep waterings rather than frequent shallow waterings. Let the soil dry to a couple of inches deep, and then water thoroughly until water seeps out of the drainage holes in the bottom of your pot.
Environment: Dwarf citrus plants prefer mild temperatures between 55-85 degrees and dislike abrupt temperature shifts. Make sure to place them away from any drafts or heat sources. In winter plants may lose some or most of their leaves due to the transition of light and temperature, but if kept in a sunny window they should stabilize with time.
Toxicity: Citrus plants are reported to be toxic to cats and dogs.
- Use a slightly acidic loam-based potting soil and make sure the container you are using has good drainage.
- Citrus trees do not go dormant like many other plants, so they need sufficient light and some humidity even during the winter months.
- It is a good idea to use an all-purpose or acid-loving plant fertilizer that supplies at least a 2-1-2 ratio during the spring and summer.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.