Opuntia microdasys 6"
Opuntia microdasys, commonly referred to as "Bunny Ears Cactus," forms into a shrub shape consisting of paddle like stems with clusters of barbed hairs.
- Light - full sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - dry between watering
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will bloom state.
Cactaceae - “Cactus/Cacti”
Cacti grow in many fantastic shapes and forms from small and solitary to large and branching and every combination in-between, always evoking the beauty and serenity of the desert landscape. They are also plants that have evolved to thrive with drought.
Light: Direct Sunlight - Cacti prefer about 6+ hours of direct sunlight each day. A south or west facing, unobstructed window is ideal.
Water: Cacti grow best when they are allowed to fully dry out between waterings. In the winter, cut back on watering allowing a longer interval of drought. For some cacti, it is recommended to stop watering completely in the winter.
Environment: Cacti enjoy a hot, dry environment. Humidity is not necessary. A porous succulent soil mix is preferred for ideal drainage.
Toxicity: Many varieties are reported to be not toxic, however their protective spines, hooks and thorns may keep curious cats and dogs away and are not edible.
- Cacti have shallow roots compared to other house plants and many will grow best when their roots are rather snug in their container.
- If you over water your cactus it could develop root rot and overall plant collapse.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.