Plumeria, commonly referred to as "Frangipani" and/or "Lei Flower", are mostly small trees and shrubs with beautiful flowers. The flowers are mostly fragrant at night and can widely vary in coloration.
- Light - full sun
- Soil - succulent mix
- Watering - dry down 20 - 30% depending on bloom cycle and season
Species and flower color can vary. If you do have a preference we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Plumeria are prized for their exotic flowers. They can also be enjoyed for their unique and minimal branch structure.
Light: Grow the most sun possible. These trees will do best if they can be placed outdoors on a patio or porch for the summer months.
Water: Water thoroughly, balanced with dry periods in between. It’s imperative that this plant not be overwatered or allowed to stand in any excess water.
Environment: These plants can adapt to humid or less humid environments, but avoid any drafts from vents (AC, heating, etc).
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic if ingested. Sensitive skin may also react poorly to consistent contact with leaves or flowers..
Of Note: Plumeria naturally experience dormancy. As long as leaves are intact and new growth is seen you can maintain care as above. If leaves begin to yellow and fade. You can discontinue watering and let it remain dry. At this point it does not need to be in a sunny location but can be stored aside until the growing season returns.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.