Primulina dryas 'Pretty Turtle' 6"
Primulina, also known as a "Chirita Plant", is a flowering plant in the African violet family, grown for their ornamental flowers and foliage. Large, broad leaves are soft to the touch with varying amounts of color variation. Blooms raise above the foliage as if dancing in the air.
- Humidity - high
- Light - part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture to slight dry to the touch
Species and flower color will vary. If you do have a preference we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
(including many Primulina, Chirita and similar…)
Light: Plentiful bright, ambient light is typically sufficient for most. If leaves seem overly-dense or misshapen, then lighting may be too intense. Most often near, but not in, a sunny window is ideal or placement toward the interior of an overall bright room is sufficient.
Water: Growing medium should be loose and light and watered fully after it has had a chance to dry. Soggy or damp conditions are not ideal.
Environment: Maintain humidity and balanced air flow, avoiding artificial drafts from household vents. Typically you’ll want to avoid water standing on the leaves. Feed routinely to support their flower cycle
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic.
- This is a wide group of plants with many growth habits and flower types. It’s a fun group to explore and collect!
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.