Passiflora on trellis 7"
Passiflora, or commonly called "Passionflower Vine," is a striking plant in both its foliage and bloom. Green leaves and tendrils float about normally as a vine in growth habit. The flowers are the real show with alienish coronas that produce passion fruit.
- Light - full sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Species and bloom color can vary. If you do have a preference, we ask that you come visit us in store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online, we'll select one for you and cannot guarantee an exact variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Passiflora - “Passion Flower Vine”
Passiflora, or commonly called "Passionflower Vine," is a striking plant in both its foliage and bloom. Green leaves and tendrils will twist and climb to showcase their wondrous flowers. The flowers are a real show with sculptural coronas. Once faded, seed pods will form, developing into the tasty passion fruit.
Water: even moisture
Environment: Regular potting mix.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic, though fruits can be edible.
Habit / SIze: Mostly vines but some can be trees and shrubs depending on variety. The vines have tendrils to wrap around smaller structures for support, and these are the most common we grow in gardens and as houseplants.
- Will most likely not fruit, at least to an edible stage, when used as a decorative houseplant in Chicago due to the shorter days and lack of full sun potential, but it has been known to happen…
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.