Abutilon "Flowering Maple" 10"
Actually not a maple tree but it's leaves sure remind you of one. In contrast with the crepe paper looking flowers your mind will be going back and forth from a walk in the woods to an overseas adventure.
- Light - full sun to part shade
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - even moisture
Species can vary. If you do have a preference in species we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the flower color and bloom state.
Light: Abutilon generally prefer full sun to part shade indoors. An east-facing window is ideal. In a south- or west-facing window, they might need some midday protection in summer months.
Water: Even moisture to slightly dry to the touch. They appreciate reduced watering and some additional humidity during the winter months.
Environment: They don't mind being in a cooler room in the house. Keep away from heating/AC vents. Feed your flowering maple houseplant every two weeks with a balanced houseplant fertilizer during spring through fall. In winter, when growth has slowed down, reduce feeding to once a month.
Toxicity: Reported to cause skin irritation in some. No information on pets.
- Color of the flower can vary depending on variety
- Use a porous soil with good drainage; a container with a drainage hole is ideal
- Pruning: late winter / early spring to control shape
- Gets its nickname from the maple-like leaves
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.