Aeschynanthus radicans 'Rasta' 6"
Also called the Lipstick plant due to its flowers resembling tubes of lipstick. The thick dark green leaves look like dreadlocks and make a perfect backdrop to accentuate the perfect red tubular flowers.
- Habit - vining
- Light - part shade to full sun
- Soil - potting mix
- Watering - slight dry to the touch
Aechynanthus “Lipstick Plant”
Care Sheet (also works for Columnea species)
Light: Aeschynanthus prefer filtered sun or intense bright light - always the brighter the better. Avoid prolonged hot sun exposure as this can burn the leaves. Aeschynanthus are adaptable, and new growth will become accustomed to the light exposure it is growing with.
Water: Water thoroughly, but infrequently, allowing the soil to become dry and airy in-between watering. Avoid any standing or excess water below.
Environment: Aeschynanthus are naturally found partially epiphytic, so it’s important they’re never kept too wet and that a light, airy potting mix is used for growing. Clean out any spent leaves and debris to allow ample air flow between the leaves and vines. Occasionally rinse the leaves but typically avoid getting the leaves wet.
- With sufficient light, Aeschynanthus will produce tubular flowers which emerge are they develop, giving the plant its common nickname “Lipstick Vine.”
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.