Alocasia 'Frydek' 6"
This Elephant Ear has velvety satin leaves of dark green with white veining. Its mask shaped leaves bow down for you to see its coloration and tempt you to touch and see if your eyes are playing tricks on you.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to the touch between watering
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Alocasia - “Elephant Ear”
Alocasia or “Elephant Ears” are visually dramatic plants with unique leaves held aloft on slender stems. As there are many different varieties, general care ideas will need to be focused on the specific plant in questions.
Light: Alocasia will thrive in most types of indirect light. Avoid placing it in direct light, as this will burn the leaves, however light should still be plentiful as a lack of sunlight will result in poor growth and weak plants.
Water: Alocasia often appreciate a little bit of dry time in-between watering, so allow the soil to dry by 20-25% before watering again.
Environment: Like most houseplants, alocasia prefers a warm and humid environment. Avoid placement near any forced air such as heating or air-conditioning. Most often supplemental humidity should be provided but avoid any standing water on the leaves as it’s important for humidity to be balanced with ample air circulation between the leaves.
Toxicity: Though not often listed as specifically toxic, they can be considered as a bit of an irritant.
- As alocasia grows, older leaves may yellow. This is normal, and you can remove them with no harm to the plant. This is a noticeable growth habit of the plant. Young plants, those whose roots do not fill the planter will often lose a leaf as they grow a new one. Mature plants retain many more leaves.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.