Anthurium radicans 6"
Wow! The glossiest most rippled leaves of any Anthurium. A. radicans has new growth that emerges pinkish red but turns light and then dark green with age.
- Light - part shade to shade
- Watering - dry down 10-15%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will the bloom state.
Anthurium come in all shapes and sizes and some are grown primarily for their colorful spathes around the flower inflorescence while others are enjoyed for their exotic leaf shapes and textures.
Light: Anthuriums enjoy as much indirect light as you can provide. Lower levels of light will slow down or cease flower production or stall leaf growth. Even some filtered or low-intensity sun rays are welcomed.
Water: Anthuriums prefer even moisture, so water evenly when the soil surface begins to feel dry. Excessively dry soil can cause leaf tips to brown, while overwatering can cause root decay and sudden yellowing of leaves. Even moisture should be balanced with an appropriate medium/substrate blend: something that can retain both moisture and air flow for the roots.
Environment: Anthuriums are relatively easy to grow, have attractive foliage and some can produce long-lasting flowers year round. Humidity is essential, especially in the winter when the air is especially dry. Avoid any standing water droplets on the leaves and maintain air circulation.
Toxicity: Toxic to cats and dogs
Of Note:Anthuriums prefer a growing media that is coarse and well drained. The soil should be settled firmly around the roots and the root system should totally fill the pot before the plant is stepped up to a larger pot size.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.