Aphelandra squarrosa "Zebra Plant" 4"
With its dark green and white striped leaves it is the Zebra of the plant world. But this Zebra as a yellow flower that pops out of its body.
- Light - part shade
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Aphelandra or “Zebra Plants” have a striking leaf pattern of dark green and varying stripes of white which are accented from time to time with a vibrant flower.
Light: Provide plentiful bright light, the brighter the better. Some filtered sunlight will be fine as long as it is low intensity.
Water: Keep the soil evenly watered but never overly saturated.
Environment: Avoid cool spaces or drafts as this plant prefers warm/comfortable temperatures and stable humidity.
Toxicity: Listed as non-toxic on the ASPCA website.
- Stems will wilt slightly when the plants are thirsty but respond quickly to a drink of water.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.