Astrophytum myriostigma "Bishop Cap" 4"
A species of spineless cactus that has distinct ribs that grow as they get older. Grey green in color with hints of white specs looking almost like dust. Pet rock anyone?
- Light - full sun
- Watering - dry between watering
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Cacti grow in many fantastic shapes and forms from small and solitary to large and branching and every combination in between, always evoking the beauty and serenity of the desert landscape. They have also evolved to thrive with drought. Astrophytum is a genus of six species of cacti.
Light: Direct sun; cacti prefer about 6+ hours of direct sunlight each day. A south- or west-facing unobstructed window is ideal
Water: Cacti grow best when allowed to fully dry out between waterings; in winter, cut back on watering allowing a longer interval of drought, and for some cacti, stop watering completely
Environment: Cacti enjoy a hot, dry environment without humidity; a porous succulent soil mix is preferred for ideal drainage
Toxicity: Many varieties are reported as not toxic; however, their protective spines, hooks, and thorns may keep curious cats and dogs away; no information available in particular about Astrophytum
- Cacti have shallow roots compared to other house plants and many will grow best when roots are rather snug in their container
- If you overwater your cactus it could develop root rot and overall plant collapse
- In ideal conditions, Astrophytum can flower a yellow flower, some species with a red throat
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.