Beaucarnea "Ponytail Palm" 2"
The Beucarnea recurvata, or Ponytail Palm, is also sometimes called the Elephant's Foot due to its bulbous trunk. Not a palm or a tree this slow growing succulent is pretty indestructible, and also cute.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - Let dry 15%
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Beaucarnea sp. - “Ponytail Palm”
Light: Thrives near full, direct sun (southern / western exposure) or directly in morning sun (eastern window). Ponytail palms prefer to have as much light as possible. To ensure even foliage growth, rotate regularly.
Water: Check for water every 10-14 days, allowing the soil to dry one-third to one-half of the soil’s depth before watering. Avoid over-watering as ponytail palms do not like to sit in moist soil for long periods of time. Occasional misting will help prevent leaf edges from drying out, and is a good way to clean off dust. In the winter and in less-intense light, it will require much less water.
Environment: Beaucarnea are actually a desert/succulent plant, more similar to Yucca or Agave, not palms. They prefer mild humidity. Keep away from drafts and heat or a/c vents.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic to humans and pets but not to be considered edible.
- Using a fast draining soil, such as cacti and succulent specific potting mix and a planter with drainage holes is beneficial.
- If the tips of the leaves turn brown, they can be trimmed off. Brown tips are usually caused by too much water, too little water, or too much fertilizer. So be aware of your care patterns.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.