Blechnum sp "Tree Fern" 6"
The almighty tree fern. Soft delicate leaves upright to arching that develop an interesting almost furry looking trunk over time.
- Light - part shade to shade
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Leaf color and variety can vary. If you do have a preference in coloration or variety we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Light: Ferns do best in bright but indirect light. Do not place it in a window where direct sunlight will burn the leaves. Indirect light from a north-facing window is ideal. They are considered to do well in lower light conditions compared to many other houseplants.
Water: Keep the soil damp, but not wet and soggy; most ferns like evenly moist soil. If the soil feels dry to the touch at one to two inches below the surface, that means it is time to water again.
Environment: They prefer temperatures that range from 60-75 degrees and they do not like extreme temperature or dry air, so be sure to keep them away from drafty windows or doorways. All ferns like high humidity, so keep them either on a tray with pebbles filled with water or mist the leaves daily to keep them lush and happy. Do not place them near radiators or the AC.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- Depending on growth, ferns may need to be divided into multiple containers in the spring.
- Some common ferns include: maidenhair, Boston, button, heart, arrowhead, and blue star varieties. Despite the name, the asparagus fern is not a true fern but a flowering plant in the asparagus family
- Ferns reproduce via spores, which you may see as bumps on the back of the leaves and should not remove.
- Many ferns depend on associations with mycorrhizal fungi. Due to the fern’s love of humidity, you may see mushrooms pop up in the soil occasionally. This is normal, but if you ever see mold or fungus covering the soil, you may need to increase air flow around the plant.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.