The Bougainvillea is a highly ornamental plant with its paper like bright flowers which are actually modified leaves.
- Light - full sun
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch (once established)
- Soil - potting mix
Flowering color and species can vary. If you do have a preference in coloration or species we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
The Bougainvillea is a highly ornamental plant with paper-like bright flowers that are actually modified leaves. The three simple, waxy, small flowers are surrounded by colorful sepel-like bracts. It belongs to a genus of thorny ornamental vines, bushes, and trees in the four o'clock family, Nyctaginaceae.
Light: Full sun
Water: Even moisture until established, then a slight dry down
Environment: Native to eastern South America; thrive in hot and dry climates
Toxicity: Sap reported to cause minor skin irritation; reported as non toxic to pets
Habit / Size: Bougainvillea can be vines, shrubs, or trees depending on species/cultivar
- Propagation: with tip cuttings
- They will develop thorns on the limbs
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.