Chamaerops humilis 10"
Also called the European fan palm or the Mediterranean fan palm. It is bushy palm that forms clumps with its fine textured palm looking leaves. Prehistoric and dramatic, the Chamaerops humilis will normally cap out around 5' h when grown as a houseplant in a container.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry down 5%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Begonia Rex - Hybrids “Paint-Leaf Begonia”
Light: Keep begonias in the brightest indirect light available to you. Direct light can burn the leaves, not enough light increases the chance of rotting as well as fungal issues on the leaves.
Water: Water evenly once the top 50% of soil is completely dry, as they are sensitive to overwatering. Avoid getting water on the leaves. Shallow pots and pots with drainage are ideal to encourage plenty of aeration for the roots. During the winter, watering will be less frequent and a lower volume.
Environment: Begonias prefer around 50% humidity and temperatures of 60-70 degrees. Keep away from dry air, drafts, and cold windows. The most difficult part of a begonia is getting into a watering schedule, but once you find a rhythm, they are a spectacular indoor and outdoor plant in the warmest months! If outdoors, keep near shade. Indoors, avoid cool temperatures and try to avoid any drafts or fluctuations of environmental factors.
Toxicity: Reported to be Mildly toxic if ingested
- Rex Begonias account for hundreds of hybrids, and their forms are too numerous to count. The resulting plants are often known by multiple names from grower to grower.
- Some fall dormant in autumn and will show decreased growth.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.