Chlorophytum comosum 'Reverse Variegatum' 10"
The "Spider Plant" has long slender green and white striped variegated leaves gracefully falling out of a pot - perfect as a hanging plant. It is "Reverse" because the center of the leaves are green and the edges are white. Plantlets (or plant babies) are produced at the tip of the branches so you can basically develop an army of Spider Plants. Sounds creepy, but it's not.
- Light - part shade
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will the bloom state.
Chlorophytum comosum - “Spider Plant”
Light: Chlorophytum comosum are great plants for low to medium indirect light, but do thrive best in bright filtered sun. Too much direct sunlight can cause the leaves to bleach and/or burn at the tips.
Water: Allow soil to dry out slightly between waterings. Water regularly during the warmer months when the plant is actively growing and reproducing. You can cut back watering a little in the cooler months of winter to give the plant a chance to rest and go semi-dormant.
Environment: Spider plants can tolerate a range of temperatures above 50 degrees, but they enjoy consistency. Sudden changes in temperature can cause damage. Avoid placing your plant in a window with a strong draft or in a spot adjacent to a heat source.
Toxicity: Chlorophytum is reported to be non-toxic to cats and dogs but is not meant to be consumed.
- Will eventually begin producing offshoots, or “babies,” that can be separated from the mother plant and propagated in soil or water.
- When ingested, it can give cats a ‘high-like’ effect which may or may not negatively affect your pet. The ASPCA advises avoiding the ingestion of spider plants for pets.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.