Cinnamomum verum "Cinnamon Tree" 10"
With aromatic leaves and bark the Cinnamon Tree can be a fun addition to your plant collection. The inner bark is how cinnamon is procured. Cool huh?
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - even moisture to slight dry to the touch.
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Canela - “Cinnamon Tree”
Light: Canela trees should be placed near a bright and sunny window. These trees prefer very bright to some direct sunlight.
Water: When watering a cinnamon tree, water thoroughly and allow the top soil to dry down a few inches below the surface of the soil. On average, you should check your plant to see if it needs water weekly. A well draining soil is very important, as cinnamon trees’ roots do not like to be wet and will rot if allowed to sit in water for extended periods. If the soil is regularly too wet or soggy, it may ultimately kill the tree.
Environment: Canelas like a relatively humid climate and may brown around the edges if the air is too dry. Indoors, place them near a humidifier, group them with other humidity-loving plants, and/or set them on a pebble tray filled with water. Do not place it near a radiator or heating/air conditioning vent.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic, but is not considered edible.
- Cinnamon trees grow very well in containers as long as you provide a large enough pot for root development and water is able to drain adequately.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.