- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to touch when in cool period
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Light: Indoor clivias prefer bright indirect light.
Water: Water a clivia plant thoroughly, then allow the top 50% of the soil to dry out before watering again. Clivias prefer to be on the dry side. Pale green or orange lesions on the leaves indicate overwatering.
Environment: A clivia plant prefers temperatures between 65-70 degrees during the spring and early fall. From November to February, when your clivia is "resting" during the winter, the temperature should be 50-55 degrees. Clivias do not do well in temperatures below 50 degrees, so keep away from a drafty window in the winter. Clivia can live in a shaded area outdoors for the summer, but should be brought in when the temperatures drop below 50 at night.
Toxicity: A clivia plant is reported to be a very poisonous houseplant. Take care not to allow pets or children access to this plant.
- Keep a clivia plant rootbound in a small pot to help it bloom more often. It is also important to give a clivia a rest for several months during the winter in order for it to flower the following year.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.