Chamaedorea seifrizii "Bamboo Palm" 4"
While a near lookalike, this remarkable houseplant is in fact a palm, not a true bamboo - although this palm's stalks can make one think that it might be. Lovely and tough.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the bloom state.
Chamaedorea elegans - “ Neanthe Bella” or “Parlor” Palm
(also for all Chamaedorea & Rhapis)
Light: Keep the palm out of direct sunlight, in an area with ambient natural light. It will grow best in bright light, but will survive in lower ambient light (such as a northern exposure). This is a faster growing plant.
Water: Water as the soil goes dry to the touch. They cannot tolerate sitting in very wet soils, but do like to be kept evenly moist (the soil should usually feel like a wrung-out sponge). Water typically once every 7-10 days, less in winter and/or in lower light.
Environment: Keep the palm away from hot or cold drafts. These can be planted in an all purpose potting mix and adding extra material like bark or perlite to the mix can provide more drainage capability and will help the plant to thrive. They like a relatively humid climate and may brown around the edges if the air is too dry. Do not place it near a radiator or AC unit.
Toxicity: Reported to be safe for cats and dogs.
- Feed with a diluted liquid fertilizer once or twice during spring, summer, and fall, but not during the dormant winter months.
- This palm can grow quickly in the growing season, so check for signs that it needs repotting, such as if you notice the plant going through its usual amount of water very quickly.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.