Crassula ovata 'Crosby' 8"
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry between watering
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will the bloom state.
Light: Most succulents prefer a sunny location with 4-6 hours of direct sun per day. A western or southern window is ideal. Without enough direct sun, they will grow leggy, floppy, and will fade in color. Vibrant colors only present in good sun exposure. Some options can do very well in less intense sun such as Crassula (Jade), Haworthia and Aloe species.
Water: Most succulents prefer to dry out almost completely between watering. Once dry, water thoroughly. If the soil becomes excessively dry, the water may run over without absorbing. In this case, a more thorough soak in a bowl of water may be necessary (for smaller plants). Succulents typically require less water in the winter. Under-watered succulents will shrivel and grow limp. Over-watered plants will have leaves that typically turn yellow first, then blacken and rot. When in doubt: Always err on the side of too dry versus too wet as it is going to be much easier to remedy.
Environment: Choose a succulent or cactus specific soil mix for adequate drainage. Do not mist or allow your succulent’s leaves to get wet, as they do not like high humidity/moist conditions. Avoid temperatures lower than 50 degrees.
Toxicity: Many succulents are non-toxic, but certain varieties such as Euphorbia are, so always check the toxicity of individual plants if that is a concern.
- Succulents are generally found in areas with high temperatures and low rainfall, such as deserts.
- A basic definition of a succulent is a plant that is drought resistant, in which the leaves, stem, or roots have become fleshy by developing watering-storing tissue.
- Succulents can be easily propagated from cuttings or even from a single leaf
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.