Cyathea cooperi "Australian Tree Fern" 4"
The Australian Tree Fern is a delicate and lacy fern that develops an intriguing stalk. The fronds are hairy (in a good way) when the are young as they unfurl. Be handy with your mister.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary as will the bloom state.
(and other “Tree Ferns”)
Light: Tree ferns do best in the very brightest but indirect light..
Water: Keep the soil damp, but not wet and soggy; most ferns like evenly moist soil. The soil just below the surface may feel dry, but this also will indicate that you should water soon. Maintaining even soil moisture is the goal. You can pour water down the trunk of the plant as well, as this root extension will also appreciate the dose of moisture.
Environment: These plants like to be warm and humid. Average household temperatures are typically ideal, but be sure to avoid drafts from heating or cooling. Forced air such as this is also drying. Providing a humidifier or misting very routinely will be incredibly helpful.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- Many ferns depend on associations with mycorrhizal fungi. Due to the fern’s love of humidity, you may see mushrooms pop up in the soil occasionally. This is normal, but if you ever see mold or fungus covering the soil, you may need to increase air flow around the plant.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.