Dieffenbachia 'Amoena' 6"
The Dieffenbachia 'Amoena' has large, show worthy, leaves that are the star attraction of this houseplant. Straight stems and alternating green leaves with white/cream striations coming from the center vein. One of the taller Dieffenbachia's as well reaching a mature height of 4-5'. Easy to care for and trustworthy even with the hint of leaf drama.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - Dry down 5% to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Dieffenbachia - “Dumb Cane”
Light: Dieffenbachia requires bright indirect light. They do not like a lot of hot, direct sunlight, as it will burn the leaves and cause the bright leaf color to fade. When the plant is not getting enough light, its leaves become small and begin to grow far apart on the stem.
Water: Water on a regular schedule, saturating the soil but allowing the excess water to drain well. Once the soil is dry about 2”-3” below the top, it is time to water again.
Environment: They prefer living in temperatures above 60 degrees. The lower leaves will turn yellow when exposed to drafts from doors, windows, and air conditioners. Extra humidity is a plus, but dieffenbachia will also do well in basic household humidity.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs. If the sap gets on your skin, wash it off immediately.
- Dieffenbachia likes to be a little pot-bound so its roots are contained snugly in the planter.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.