Dioon elude 6"
Also called the "Chestnut Dioon", this cycad predates the dinosaurs which feels just about right when you look at it. The larger leaves do not have spines on the leaflets like other species in the Dioon family.
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Light: Cycas revoluta prefers a little direct sunlight in the morning, but can tolerate an environment that receives at least a few hours of bright light a day. It's recommended to give this plant a quarter-turn each week to keep it from growing toward the light.
Water: A well-draining soil is ideal. The soil needs to be kept moist but not saturated. Overwatering can lead to root rot. Water more sparingly in the winter when there is less light and the temps are cooler. Take care to avoid getting water in the crown of the plant; it can cause rotting and eventual death.
Environment: This plant prefers warm temperatures, but be sure to avoid any extreme heat or cold. Do not keep near a radiator or cooling unit. These do prefer above average humidity, so mist frequently or keep near a humidifier.
Toxicity: Reported to be poisonous to pets and humans. Do not allow pets or children to ingest.
- In bright light the sago palm produces short thick fronds, and in lower light the fronds become long and thin.
- Leaves are fragile, so avoid putting it in a place that it may be frequently knocked into
- Although often referred to as a “sago palm,” this plant is not actually a type of palm
- Sago palms prefer high humidity, so they will not thrive well in very dry conditions.
Printable Care Sheet
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.