Dischidia on Mounted Plaque
Dischidia are succulent epiphytic plants that are normally trailing in habit. Cute and petit leaves that can be puffy and also exhibit variegation depending the species and light. Great for hanging baskets or terrariums.
- Light - part sun
- Watering - dry down 10% between watering
- Soil - potting mix mixed with orchid bark
Species can vary. If you do have a preference in coloration and species we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Light: Dischidia plants require bright indirect light. An ideal spot for this plant would be near a sunny window without being directly in the windowsill.
Water: Water the plant when you feel the 25% of the medium is dry. Never allow the plant to sit in water for long periods of time. These plants are fairly drought tolerant, so don’t be alarmed if you forget to water them now and again.
Environment: Dischidia plants in the wild grow on supports such as tree trunks or branches. Plant in a loose, well draining soil designed for epiphytic plants; it is usually composed of coconut husk or shredded bark. These plants prefer lots of humidity, do not place in a dry environment or near a heat vent. Misting regularly is beneficial.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic if ingested, avoid contact with the sap as it may cause skin irritation in certain individuals. Keep plants away from children and pets as sap could be toxic.
When the bark medium is dry to the touch, submerge the container in water until air bubbles are gone or run under the sink/shower until all of the medium is saturated. This is to ensure that water has penetrated to the core of the root system/potting medium.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.