Dracaena marginata 'Colorama' tips 10"
The Dracaena is an easy to care for plant that derives its name from the Greek word 'drakaina', meaning female dragon. The 'Colorama' Dracaena marginata is has pink to burgundy colorations on its leaves depending on how much light it Is in. Pretty wild but does not demand too much care.
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to 5% between watering
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as the. bloom state.
Dracaena - “Dragon Tree”
Light: Dracaenas thrive in bright, indirect or bright, filtered light. In front of an East window or near a West window is ideal, though some varieties tolerate lower light conditions (example: ‘Warneckii’ and ‘Janet Craig’) and others will prefer a dose of some sun rays (example: ‘Tarzan’ and D. arborea). The tree’s new growth will bend towards the light over time, so rotating the pot frequently will help produce a straighter tree.
Water: Water when the top depth of soil is dry, about 30-40% of the soil’s depth. This is typically about once every 10-12 days, but always feel the moisture level of the soil before adding water as avoiding over-watering is very important.
Environment: Dragon trees like comfortable room temperatures of between 65°F and 75°F. Excessively dry air may encourage the leaf tips to brown. Keep the plant away from heat or air conditioning vents. Otherwise, there are very adaptable plants and easy to care for in the average home.
Toxicity: Reported to be mildly/potentially dangerous
- Tips of dracenas can become brown & crispy in insufficient light, mineral build up or dry environments. Mineral build up can be avoided by using distilled water.
- As they grow, the lower leaves naturally turn yellow and drop. This is normal, but can occur more rapidly in times of transition or new growth.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.