Euphorbia flanaganii "Medusa Head" 6"
Euphorbia, also commonly called "Spurge" is one of the largest genera of flowering plants. Spurge can have some similarities to cactus in regards to shape and the ability to go through droughts although they are not cactus. They have a simplified bloom with no petals. It Is more of the shape of the Euphorbia's body that people go crazy over this Genus as they are indeed known for their architecture. The Euphorbia flanagani, or "Medusa Head" has an underground stem with branches that pop out just like its namesake. Yellow flowers bloom from the center.
- Light - full sun
- Watering - dry between watering
- Soil - succulent mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Euphorbia tirucalli - “Pencil Cactus,” Euphorbia ingens- “Candelabra Tree,” &
Euphorbia trigona - “African Milk Tree” - Most Euphorbia sp.
Light: Prefers direct sun. Euphorbia are an excellent choice for a sunny window (usually south- or west-facing). Rotate the plant periodically for balanced growth and even color development.
Water: Only water once the soil is nearly or completely dry. During the winter they will need watering less frequently as they go mostly dormant.
Environment: Euphorbia thrive in a dry environment and prefer temperatures 60-70 degrees or higher. Use a well draining cacti/succulent potting mix and plant in a container just slightly larger than its’ current container
Toxicity: Higher toxicity to cats, dogs, and humans. If the milky white sap gets on your skin, wash it off immediately with soap and water as the sap can be irritating.
- Some varieties of pencil cactus exhibit vibrant colors when placed in a sunny location. More sun leads to more color.
- The candelabra tree bears needle-like barbs which can hurt if pricked, so handle with caution. It is recommended to wear gloves for protection..
- Overwatering your euphorbia can cause the leaves to turn yellow and fall off the plant.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.