Fatsia japonica 8"
- Light - part sun
- Watering - even moisture
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will the bloom state.
Fatsia japonica - “Paperplant”
Light: Fatsia like bright filtered or indirect light to part shade. Direct sunlight will bleach out the leaves, so placing them near a northern or eastern window would be ideal.
Water: Consistent watering of the soil is essential for this plant; let the top 50% of the soil go dry between waterings. Use a light, rich, fast draining potting soil and a container with good drainage for the excess water to escape.
Environment: Fatsia prefers temperatures no higher than 70 degrees. Humidity is essential. Mist frequently, keep on a pebble tray with water, or near a humidifier.
Toxicity: This plant is reported to be Non-Toxic but the sap may cause irritation to the skin.
- Brown, brittle leaves indicate under-watering. Soft leaves that turn yellow and fall off indicate over-watering.
- During the springtime cut back the growing tips to encourage the plant to branch out and become fuller and bushier.
- Use a well-balanced liquid plant food every other week in the spring and summer at 1/2 the recommended strength.
Prone to the pest spider mites. Check frequently for tiny webbing and treat with insecticidal soap if pests appear.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.