Ficus benghalensis 'Audrey' standard form 10"
- Light - full to part sun
- Watering - dry down 5% to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state. Standard form shows a trunk and arbor. Sometimes a with braid or twist to the trunk.
Ficus benghalensis “Banyan Fig or Audrey Ficus”
Light: This Ficus prefers more sunlight than some of the other species. An unobstructed eastern window, allowing morning sun, may be sufficient in some climates, but typically a western exposure with afternoon sun will be better. Southern is also acceptable as it is often the strongest light scenario.
Water: Water evenly and thoroughly until the water drains from the pot. Allow the soil to dry by about ⅓ of the depth of the pot before watering to saturate, leaving no excess water below. These trees cannot be kept wet. Room temperature water is best. Cold water can cause leaves to fail and drop.
Environment: Humidity is not as much of a necessity, but in more arid homes, amplifying humidity will certainly be helpful. Increase humidity with frequent misting or keep near a humidifier. Keep away from drafty areas and hot/cold air blowing vents. Wipe the leaves gently periodically to keep them dust free.
Toxicity: Ficus are reported to be toxic to Cats and Dogs
- Ficus are sensitive to changes in their environment. They react to these changes by dropping leaves - the leaves will turn yellow and fall off. If you have just moved your Ficus to a new location, expect leaf drop. New growth will fill out from the top when the plant adjusts. If it has not been moved, it may be reacting to a change in lighting conditions as the seasons change, or an increase or decrease in its watering frequency. Try to keep its environment as stable as possible to prevent shock and leaf drop.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.