Ficus elastica 'Tineke' 4"
- Light - full sun to part sun
- Watering - dry down 5 - 10%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Ficus elastica - “Rubber Plant/Tree”
Light: Ficus elastica enjoy bright indirect light or filtered sun. Sunburn manifests as bleached spots on the leaves; or leaves may curl under and new leaves will become smaller. Plants in inadequate light will drop their lowest leaves and stretch weak, floppy stems toward the light.
Water: Ficus elastica needs a well-draining potting mix, and they do best when the top ¼ of soil dries out between waterings. Once this happens, water thoroughly but never allow the pot to sit in standing water for an extended time to prevent root rot.
Environment: It's best to keep rubber plants above 60-65F. Sudden changes in temperature can result in leaf drop. High humidity is preferred. Don't place rubber plants close to drafty areas, AC units or heat sources. If the plant does not receive adequate light, it may drop its lower leaves. This can also occur with age or stress from transition.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic to cats and dogs. If the white latex sap gets onto your skin, wash away with warm soap and water to avoid skin irritation.
- If lower leaves begin to yellow or die, your rubber plant may be overwatered or root bound. If the soil is kept too moist or wet, cut back on watering. If you notice roots crowding the soil or planter, pot into a larger size container.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.