Ficus lyrata "Fiddle Leaf Fig" standard form 17"
- Light - full to part sun
- Watering - dry down 20-25%
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
AKA: “Fiddle Leaf Ficus”
LIGHTING: Ficus lyrata prefer at least a few hours of direct sun, or all-day filtered direct sunlight. They do not thrive in low-light conditions and can burn if they get too much direct sun.
WATERING: Water only when the top 15-20% of the soil feels dry, but it’s a good habit to at least check once a week, though it may not need water every week. When it is time to add water, add just enough to evenly moisten the soil without the soil becoming soggy or water-logged.
ENVIRONMENT: Prefers a warm and humid environment with plenty of light. Do not place it near an excessively drafty window or close to AC units or heat sources. Misting can be beneficial in the winter if the air is drier, as can a humidifier nearby. Focus misting when needed on new growth when emerging to prevent distorted leaves.
TOXICITY: Toxic to cats and dogs. Not necessarily poisonous, just not edible.
- If the leaves begin to droop and become floppy, it probably means the plant needs water.
- Fertilize gently once in the spring and a few times throughout the summer. Once a year, add a fresh top layer of nutrient-rich soil.
Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.