- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - even moisture to dry to the touch
- Soil - potting mix
Species can vary. If you do have a preference in species or coloration we ask that you come visit us at the store to hand select the one of your liking. When placing the order online we will select one for you and can not guarantee an exact coloration or variety.
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As will bloom state.
Fittonia - “Vein Plant,” “Mosaic Plant,” or “Nerve Plant”
Light: As a tropical plant that naturally grows in the humid bright shade of tropical forests, Fittonia prefers similar conditions when grown as a houseplant. It dislikes direct sunlight and prefers bright, indirect light, such as that offered by north-facing windows.
Water: Fittonia grows well in all purpose potting soil with a peat moss base. The soil should retain some moisture but should also drain well. The plant should always be kept slightly moist, watering thoroughly when the surface of the soil is dry to the touch.
Environment: Fittonia thrives at temperatures around 70 F. but will tolerate a range from the low 60s to low 80s. Fittonia cannot tolerate dry air and need humidity to thrive. Humidity can be provided by frequent misting or by growing it in a tray filled with pebbles and water. Fittonia Also works well in terrariums.
Toxicity: Reported to be non-toxic
- Fittonia are prone to collapse if allowed to dry out completely. Although it will often recover somewhat after watering, repeated wilting will eventually take a toll on the plant’s health.
Fittonias will flower with an interesting spike, though it is recommended to pinch out the blooms to leave more energy for the foliage.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority to the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are delivery or pick up items
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.