Geogenanthus ciliatus 6"
Geogenanthus, or "seersucker plants," are named for their puckered foliage. These plants have long been a tradition for houseplant enthusiasts and the leathery finish to this species' leaves gives it that extra something special!
- Light - part sun to part shade
- Watering - dry to the touch between watering
- Soil - potting mix
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary.
Light: These plants lurk in the shade. Grown as a houseplant, they’ll like ambient light only. Avoid direct sun rays which will be too strong for the leaves. Bright light is fantastic, but slightly diffused light is also sufficient. These are slow growers, so give them time to reach full potential.
Water: Geogenanthus require moist soil, though it’s unnecessary to keep them overly saturated or in a puddle. Aim for moist, not muddy. Once the soil feels dry just below the surface, you should water.
Environment: Moisture in the air is key, so supplement humidity levels if needed.
Toxicity: Geogenanthus are reported to be non-toxic.
- Geogenanthus have distinct leaf colors; blemishes or faded colors can mean they’re getting too much sunlight.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.