Grevillea robusta "Silk Oak" 8"
Grevillea is a flowering plant in the family native to Australia. Aside from the feathery foliage, this tree can also produce a very unique, bottle brush style flower characteristic of protea. This plant does well as a patio tropical in summer and indoors in winter. Bloom is a bright yellow color and has a bottlebrush-like appearance. Caution- leaves can cause irritation for those with sensitive skin.
- Light - Full sun, prefers good air circulation
- Soil - Well drained potting soil
- Watering - Keep soil moist in summer, dryer in winter
- Prune as needed for shape and size
Images are used for general reference only. The size, shape and bloom state of each plant will vary.
Grevillea robusta - “Silk Oak”
Grevillea is a flowering plant in the family native to Australia. Aside from the feathery foliage, this tree can also produce a very unique, bottle brush style flower characteristic of these trees. This plant does well as a patio tropical in summer and indoors in winter. Bloom is a bright yellow color.
Water: Keep evenly watered, especially during the growing season.
Environment: This tree prefers good air circulation to maintain healthy leaves. Keep them evenly watered and surplus humidity is a perk. This fast-grower will like to be replanted into a larger container in proportion to its size.
Toxicity: Reported to be toxic. Leaves can cause irritation for those with sensitive skin.
Habit / SIze: Tree form with a single main trunk growth habit. Can grow to 20 -100’ high in its native climate.
- Native to Queensland and New South Wales where it grows in subtropical rainforest, dry rainforest and wet forests.
Will produce flowers in its native setting but rare occurrence as a houseplant.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, help avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting.
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.