Gymnocalycium baldianum "Chin Cactus" 2.5"
Gymnocalycium, commonly referred to as Chin cactus, is a species of flowering cacti in the Cactaceae family. Gymnocalycuim are native to several countries of South America, such as Argentina, Paraguay, southern Bolivia, and parts of Uruguay and Brazil. With their alluring shapes and hypnotic flowers, these cacti work well as ornamental houseplants indoors.
- Light - Full sun
- Soil - Well drained potting soil for succulents
- Toxicity - non toxic to pets or people
- Watering -Allow soil to dry between waterings
Images are used for general reference only. The size and shape of each plant will vary. As well as bloom state.
Cactaceae - “Cactus/Cacti”
Cacti grow in many fantastic shapes and forms from small and solitary to large and branching and every combination in-between, always evoking the beauty and serenity of the desert landscape. They are also plants that have evolved to thrive with drought.
Light: Direct Sunlight - Cacti prefer about 6+ hours of direct sunlight each day. A south or west facing, unobstructed window is ideal.
Water: Cacti grow best when they are allowed to fully dry out between waterings. In the winter, cut back on watering allowing a longer interval of drought. For some cacti, it is recommended to stop watering completely in the winter.
Environment: Cacti enjoy a hot, dry environment. Humidity is not necessary. A porous succulent soil mix is preferred for ideal drainage.
Toxicity: Many varieties are reported to be not toxic, however their protective spines, hooks and thorns may keep curious cats and dogs away and are not edible.
- Cacti have shallow roots compared to other house plants and many will grow best when their roots are rather snug in their container.
- If you over water your cactus it could develop root rot and overall plant collapse.
*When planting in a pot without a drainage hole, avoid over watering by estimating 25% of the container’s overall volume, with appropriate drainage materials incorporated when planting. Printable Care Sheet
- Delivery fees are dynamic according to volume ordered and are priced by zip code.
- Delivery fee is charged on top of order total.
- We will either use a third party delivery service or our own in house driver at our discretion.
- Deliveries will be anytime between the hours of 11-6 on the day selected. While we can not guarantee specific time frames, we will do our best to accommodate your preference of timeframe if noted.
- If it is a residential delivery with no doorman, we will reach out to the recipient to arrange delivery prior to scheduling.
- All deliveries are curbside. Driver will not set and place inside home or business.
- If the delivery is returned to Sprout Home due to the recipient not being available, an invoice will be sent to the purchaser for payment due for redelivery.
- Pick up orders will be automatically processed for requested day of pick up between the hours of 11-6.
- Please note which store you are picking up from when ordering. We have two storefronts in Chicago and product availability can vary depending on order.
- We ship USPS priority and USPS ground advantage within the Continental USA. We do not currently accept international orders.
- Timing and fees vary depending on delivery location and size and weight of package.
- We will normally get your package out within 3 business days.
- Not all items are shippable. All live plants and fresh floral are included in those items that we do not ship, they are available for local delivery or Chicago pick up only. The cart will not let you check out with shipping selected if there are only delivery or pick up items available.
- Items that are available to ship you will see a 'this item is available for shipping' logo on the item description.
- If a package is returned due to insufficient address we will contact sender for clarification and will need to charge for additional shipping.